- HARO Insulation Underlay EPS Easy Aquastop (folding board) Basic LineAvailableSpecial Price €3.49 / m² * Regular Price €3.90 / m² *
- Ewifoam impact sound insulation underlay Universol ObjektAvailable€4.79 / m² *
- Ewifoam impact sound insulation underlay Universol Standard Alu 3in1Goods are available from 9/30/21 - Preorder now.€5.39 / m² *
- Ewifoam impact sound insulation underlay Universol 1000 3in1Available€5.39 / m² *
- Acoustic insulation underlay Wineo soundPROTECT ProfiAvailableSpecial Price €5.75 / m² * Regular Price €8.05 / m² *
- Acoustic insulation underlay Wineo soundPROTECT Profi SDAvailableSpecial Price €6.49 / m² * Regular Price €8.49 / m² *
- Ewifoam impact sound insulation underlay Universol AkustikAvailable€6.89 / m² *
- Ewifoam impact sound insulation underlay Universol Akustik Alu 3in1Available€7.29 / m² *
- Ewifoam Acoustic Insulation Underlay Vinclic ProfessionalAvailableSpecial Price €7.69 / m² * Regular Price €9.99 / m² *
- HARO Impact Sound Insulation Underlay Silent Pro DS 3 mmAvailableSpecial Price €7.90 / m² * Regular Price €11.90 / m² *
- HARO Insulation Underlay Silent Grip for Vinyl and Design Floor Coverings with Click SystemAvailableSpecial Price €8.49 / m² * Regular Price €9.49 / m² *
- HARO Silent Energy DS Comfort Line insulation underlayAvailableSpecial Price €9.49 / m² * Regular Price €11.90 / m² *
- Ewifoam impact sound insulation underlay Vinlay Rapid HDAvailableSpecial Price €9.79 / m² * Regular Price €16.98 / m² *
Underfloor heating is becoming increasingly popular - which underlay?
In recent years, the popularity of underfloor heating (FBH) has continued to grow. This is because the comfort of heating is increasing and only a few radiators need to be installed in the home itself.
FBHs are particularly popular for floor coverings such as vinyl flooring, laminate and parquet. Floor coverings made of wood or wood look are often not very well insulated by nature, so that a footfall sound insulation should be installed underneath.
Impact sound occurs when the floor comes into contact with moving objects. This includes the spinning washing machine as well as walking on laminate with high-heeled shoes.
In order to be able to combine impact sound insulation and underfloor heating well, a few aspects should be considered.
The right underlay with underfloor heating lets the heat pass freely
Not every floor covering necessarily requires impact sound insulation. For example, if it is carpet, no additional insulation is needed. The situation is different with laminate and heating
Most laminate floors do not have integrated footfall sound insulation. So that suitable underlays and FBH are unavoidable
The same rules apply to vinyl and parquet on a heater as for laminate. However, thermal insulation in underfloor heating systems can also lead to reduced heat emission
Therefore, it is essential to ensure that impact sound insulation with a low thermal conductivity is used. This allows you to pass the comfortable warmth of the underfloor heating (almost) unhindered. So the room is nice and cosy and your feet stay warm.
Good insulation also a must for underfloor heating systems
Even with vinyl flooring on a FBH, a good underlay with high footfall and walking sound insulation is an absolute must. This applies equally to laminate laid on underfloor heating and to parquet laid on underfloor heating
The pros and cons of impact sound insulation for floor coverings such as parquet and underfloor heating
The question about the pros and cons of impact sound insulation for vinyl or impact sound insulation for laminate and parquet flooring is answered very quickly. If you want to lay your floor floating, you always need a good, solid underlay
The special feature of an FBH. The underlay must be able to pass the heat of the heating freely and must not have an insulating function. At parkettkaiser.de you will find the right underlay for underfloor heating
By choosing the right mat you can save about 100 EUR - 200 Eur heating costs per year in an average household. This way the underlay pays for itself.
What should be considered for impact sound insulation and underfloor heating?
Underfloor heating is practical and pleasant. Anyone who consciously decides in favour of an FBH should make sure that the installed impact sound insulation has a thermal resistance of 0.01 - 0.03
Heavy mats made from a healthy combination of minerals and natural rubber/latex are the first choice here and noticeably reduce heating costs. Impact sound insulation made of so-called PU-M is also very well suited for laying on underfloor heating systems
Underlays made of highly compressed PE foams (PEHD or UHDPE) are still acceptable for laying on underfloor heating ( 3 of 5 stars ). XPS foam underlays are unsuitable as they have an insulating effect and you end up heating your cellar before the living room gets warm.