- Skaben vinyl floor solid Life 30 Oak sawn natural herringbone to stickAvailableSpecial Price €26.59 / m² * Regular Price €43.59 / m² *
- Skaben vinyl floor solid Life 30 oak soft greige herringbone to stickAvailableSpecial Price €27.59 / m² * Regular Price €43.59 / m² *
- Skaben vinyl floor solid Life 30 lock dark oak herringbone to stickAvailableSpecial Price €27.59 / m² * Regular Price €43.59 / m² *
- Skaben Vinyl Flooring Rhino Click 30 Oak Sawn Natural Herringbone M4V Footfall Sound InsulationAvailableSpecial Price €34.99 / m² * Regular Price €50.95 / m² *
- Skaben Vinyl Flooring Rhino Click 30 Oak Soft Greige Herringbone M4V Footfall Sound InsulationAvailableSpecial Price €35.99 / m² * Regular Price €50.95 / m² *
- Skaben Vinyl Flooring Rhino Click 30 Castle Dark Herringbone Oak M4V Footfall Sound InsulationAvailableSpecial Price €35.99 / m² * Regular Price €50.95 / m² *
What is the advantage of full-surface gluing?
This type of installation is ideal when a low installation height is required, for example when renovating old buildings. Among other things, this saves you having to sand down the doors because the floor fits underneath them without any problems. If the vinyl floor is glued, there is less walking and impact sound than with a floating floor. The glued floor is suitable for higher pressure loads than a floating floor. This is important, for example, if you have massive, antique, heavy furniture. When laying the floor in damp rooms, such as the bathroom, gluing is ideal because the adhesive protects the floor covering from moisture from below.
What is the advantage of floating installation?
The floating installation is easier to do by hand and can also be carried out by laymen without any problems. The floating vinyl floor can be removed again at any time without leaving any residue. This is interesting for example in rented flats. With floating installation, small unevenness in the subfloor can be evened out better than with a glued floor. The floor can be walked on immediately after installation is complete. In contrast to a glued floor, nothing has to dry out here.
Why do you need footfall sound insulation?
You always need footfall sound insulation for a floating installation. That is why the Rhino Click versions of the herringbone vinyl are directly provided with impact sound insulation. If a floor covering is laid as a floating installation, the covering, together with the subfloor and the air layer in between, forms a resonance chamber which amplifies the walking and impact sound. This would result in all movements on the floor being heard both in the room itself and in adjacent rooms. The walking sound is the sound that is produced by walking on the floor in the room itself. The footfall sound is the part of the walking sound that is transmitted to other rooms via the floor, ceilings and walls. Impact sound insulation dampens both the walking sound and the footfall sound. The size of the attenuation is given in dB.
The advantages of herringbone vinyl
These vinyl floors are made up of several layers. They have an antibacterial and scratch-resistant PU surface. Underneath is a high-quality wear layer, the decorative layer. This is followed by an extremely stable middle layer. In the variants for gluing, the bottom layer is a backing layer to stabilise the structure. In the Click variants, the IXPE footfall sound insulation is also located underneath. It has an attenuation of 21 dB. The Click variants can be installed over a large area - up to 400 m² - without expansion joints. They are also able to compensate for unevenness in the subfloor up to 3 mm deep and up to 6 mm wide. Please note that this only applies to the Click variants.
Use and warranty periods
These vinyl floors are approved for use in residential areas with heavy traffic as well as for commercial areas with light traffic. The manufacturer Skaben gives a 25-year guarantee if the floors are used in residential areas. When used in commercial premises, the guarantee period is 5 years. This applies both to the Click variants and to the floors intended for gluing.